No standards related to the information.
Which collection of standards are you searching for?
Materials and preparation
- Story paper
- Lined paper
Students should be able to write a simple story about one topic with relevant details.
- Tell the students that they can draw and color a picture about anything that makes them happy today.
- Let them have time for you brainstorm some topics.
- Give them several ideas such as for example animals, toys, games, favorite food if they are stuck and cannot think of anything.
Explicit Instruction/Teacher modeling
- Choose a topic of interest for you.
- Draw an image to go right along with it. Show the learning students the way the drawing does not have to be perfect.
- Demonstrate for the learning students how you will choose words that describe your picture.
- Make a list and write those words on the board.
- Use 2-3 of the expressed words in a sentence.
- Show the learning students the way the sentences relate genuinely to the picture.
Gu >(15 minutes)
- Instruct the students to think about several words that tell concerning the picture they drew. Continue reading